Monday, July 16, 2012

The milk speaks volumes...

     At this moment, there is a dairy product in my refrigerator that has a longer Texas shelf life than I do.  This is a very concrete reminder that my time in this great state is coming to a swift end.  I am less than one week away from my departure to Budapest, Hungary.  This time about 6 months ago I would have been hard pressed to locate Hungary on a map and soon I will call it home.  I find this entertaining.

     The question has been asked (current count = approx 7,964 times), Why?  I choose to think of it as more of a Why Not?  What I know is that we are promised nothing in this life.  When exciting opportunities show themselves, I think we should go for them...Why Not?! 

     The good news is, there is an actual plan once I arrive.  I will be working as the Elementary Counselor at the American School of Budapest.  It looks like a lovely place and I'm sure I will enjoy myself there, but let's be honest, I'm not moving there simply for the job.  There are so many amazing travel opportunities in and around the area that I could not pass up the chance!!  Plus, I'm a huge fan of goulash.

     Will I miss Texas?  ABSOLUTELY!!  Friends and family and Target and ChickFilA...but I welcome the new experiences I will have.   I am pushing myself way out of my comfort zone and it is officially sink or swim time.

     Many of my friends asked to be kept in the loop with my adventures, so here you have it.  I can only imagine that lots of entertaining things are going to happen along the way.  I seem to be a magnet for the weird (can't imagine why).  Now you can be a participant without ever leaving your couch (unless you want to come visit!!).  I can't wait to share my life in the Hungary Games with each of you. 

As they say in Hungary, "Biztonsagaos itt furdeni?" (Is it safe to swim here?)


Much love to you all! - Shawn

American International School of Budapest  - for anyone that wants to have a look!

7 comments:

  1. PLEASE let me know if you want to do some international techie things with your new students. I am a tech teacher now and we would love to skype or do epals or any other correspondence with your students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found ya! Can't wait to read about your adventures! You are a brave and strong woman! Message me your address and we'll send ya care packages from TX!
    <3 ya! Doan

    ReplyDelete
  3. MANY blessings to you, my friend! God has given you this opportunity, so, absolutely, take it and run with it.
    And, I will take good care of Target for you, while you are away. HAHAAAAaaaa
    Love & Prayers for an amazing experience, Christy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to hear all about your adventures! Travel safe and plan to visit the Philippines- you're already halfway there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll be missed and I am envious of your opportunity, but will love living vicariously through your adventures. God speed and good luck!

    Jennifer Walsdorf

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a daring woman and I am so glad to get to read about this! With your totally awesome outlook on life and the adventures ahead...I know that you will make the most of what God has put ahead for you. Be safe and strong and most importantly...live life to the fullest. You go girl!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I guess the Pizza and Pimms party didn't change your mind after all? Probably better to head out for your adventure - we can only do those parties once in a while and who knows how much fun Hungary will be! Take care!

    ReplyDelete